Update for the Pro Mounting System version 1.2 for Unreal Engine 4 released with Bug Fixes for compiled C++ projects.
- Fixed bug with dismounting causing configurations with no animation from off setting the pawn from the center
- Resolved issue for installed plugin not compiling for C++ projects due to missing categories in an "Engine Module"
- There is still a PIE (Play in Editor) posession bug in UE 4.22 that is triggered on PIE Dedicated Server configurations. Upon Client 1 possessing a mount and unpossessing the mount, client 2 can no longer move the mount when it possesses it. However If client 2 possesses the mount first, than Client 1 and Client 2 can control the mount with out issue. I have been able to reproduce this with out any of the mounting system code with simple basic possessions and RPC calls giving strong evidence that it is in fact a UE4 bug. I am working on testing if this is only in PIE. I have submitted this bug to Epic and am waiting to hear back. I will continue to update the status of this issue.
- Possession Bug that prevents clients from taking control of a mount after another has taken control now has a work around. Having an AI Controller take back possession of a mount or vehicle after a player / character dismounts allows other players to take control of it once again. The Final Project files have been updated to reflect the fix as well as documented with comments and the walk through tutorial.
- This version ends support for new features added to UE 4.22 version of the plugin.
- Bug fixes will continue until specified other wise in future releases
- Future development will be focused completely on the UE 4.23 engine
Previous Version Release Notes 1.1